Friday, July 11, 2014

Happy 4th of July!!!

Happy 4th of July everyone!! 
Thank goodness I was in the mission offices on Thursday because I got to have a little patriotic moment with one of the elders. Elder Trepanier is absolutely hilarious and is the Visa Secretary for our mission. We were in the offices to pick up my packages and letters and while we were filling out our reimbursement forms for that day, Elder Trepanier busted out the patriotic music. His companion Elder Procunier didn't join in on the sing along but I rather enjoyed it anyway. We jammed out to "God Bless the USA", "Country Fried Chicken", "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue" and "American Girl". Basically the classics and country music. My companion thought we were hilariously crazy and just laughed at us while we got sentimental, dreaming of 4th of July parties. =)
 
  I learned what a blessing a bucket shower can be. Our bolier officially broke on Wednesday and so we have been washing our hair in the sink and heating up water in a pan on our stove that we then pour into a bucket to use for a shower. Usually bucket showers are seen as something bad but man, the hot water from a bucket sure beats the freezing cold water coming from the shower head. I told my companion this morning that if we get told that we have to buy a new boiler then Im gonna say "Forget it! Let's go buy a washing machine!" :D
 
  So I ended up in the hospital on Friday. As it turns out, having diarrhea for 3 weeks means that somethings wrong. Who'd of thought? o.O However, it's alright because they did some blood testing and xrays and other testing and found out exactly what's wrong so this time I left with a prescription that is actually helping rather than the last time when they sent me home with medications and wishing me well. Now, I have gripa but I'm doing great. =) Gripa is just a cold, by the way. =)
 
I forgot last week to tell you about our Bruja! So as it turns out, we have a witch in the ward. We were eating lunch at a less active member family's house and after we ate, my companion shared a scripture and of course invited them to church. The mother has a very strong personality, she's from the north of Mexico, and just said, "Thank you but I'm not going." ...Okay. She continued to refuse as my companion continued to invite them to church. Finally she explained that she refused to go because she's a bruja. I haven't heard that word very often but somehow, the more she said it the more I understood that it means witch. Something cleansings and washing people with eggs. I dunno. All I know is that she's a very interesting individual and somehow, I'm not that surprised.
 
The Lord is blessing one of our investigators that we haven't been able to visit in a while. We've been working with Angeles for almost 3 months now and hadn't seen a change or any kind of progression, until, we gave her a Book of Mormon. They had told us they had one and when we were talking she said she had left it at her mom's house. I had one in my backpack and told her that we could give her one to have at her home and then she can keep the other at her mom's house. As I pulled it out, she said "Wait, we don't have that." I wasn't too surprised because I had been impressed to give one to them earlier. We explained about it and gave her homework to read. It was about Alma and his people and how they were strengthened to bear their burdens. She loved the chapter and after she finished the last homework we gave her she decided to read the book from the beginning. Well, we hadn't seen her in a while because she's been working so much but we ran into her after a lesson with a less active member who lives on her street. We talked for a while and she said, "Hermanas, you're going to be so proud of me! I can't smoke! I can't drink either! Since I started reading your Book of Mormon, I can't go near a cigarrette or alcohol without wanting to vomit." We stood there like, what? Are you serious? All we could say was, "Wow, Hermana, that's awesome!" :D She also said that she had told her boyfriend that if he wasn't going to change then she was going to leave. She had been praying to Heavenly Father to help Jordy change and that if Jordy wouldn't change then please help her to have the strength to leave. I know, I'm still in shock. She also told her mom that she wants to be baptized in our church. Her mom first asked her why and then said, "Look, I'm going to respect your decisions because you're an adult and I'm going to respect your decision to change religions if you decided to do so, however, if you're going to change religions then you're going to change everything and do it 100%" I know, I love her mom already. =) She was dead set on going to church on Sunday but since work came up she wasn't able to but wow! What a change! and so fast! I'm so excited for her and can't wait to really get her going on the road to baptism where she can fully access the Atonement and change her life.
 
Yup, I got the package and the boots, Mom. the package was awesome! :D And the boots are okay, they're a little small but I'll live with it.....just kidding. They're positively perfect! My companion congratulates you on your choice of color. Purple is her favorite. =) 
 
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful things in the Beat the Heat package! I loved them all and I can't believe that you found the cookies! :D my companion and I loved every moment as we ate them. =) 
 
The last picture is of today. I was trying to get a good picture with her while she was sleeping. I was able to get this one before she woke up and caught me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment