Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!!


This week was a little of a rough one because of Christmas and all but we got to experience a miracle at the end. Yesterday, our golden investigator came to church with the intention to basically tell us that he didn't think that he was worth all the work we were putting into him and that he didn't want us to visit him anymore. He was then going to walk out of the church and go back to the old life that he knew so well. Fortunately, our Heavenly Father intervened and prompted our bishop to talk to him and our ward mission leader to spend some time talking to him about how things were going and then spend most of the afternoon with him. We then had our appointment with him and had felt inspired to have one of his old friends in the ward and her husband accompany us. It was a wonderful lesson. By reflecting, asking questions, and listening during our lesson with him, we finally came to understand exactly how he was feeling and with the help of the members that were with us and the Lord, we were able to finally address the need we knew he had but didn't know what it was. He's had a very rough past and has hardly ever felt loved. This new experience of nothing but love from us, the members, and his Heavenly Father and Savior has been quite the shock for him. However, we were blessed with the Spirit during our lesson and his truly felt the presence of his Heavenly Father with him. 

I have never been so grateful to be a missionary and to have the privilege to be here than when I heard him pray at the end of that lesson. It's truly amazing to realize that I can't do anything more to help these people than invite them to come unto Christ. He truly changes lives and heart. I am so grateful for Him and for all that He does, not only to change my investigators' hearts or my family members' hearts but also my heart. 

I have been thinking a lot about what I wanted to put as my goals or even better, my gift to the Savior this coming year. I'm still working on deciding but I invite every one of you to think about what you can give to the Savior this coming year and then work for it. I promise that with His help and strength you will be able to do it. =)

Thank you everyone for your letters and testimonies! They brought a wonderful peace and help to me this week. 


I feel that these next 8 1/2 months are just going to fly by. Especially as we start the new year. Thank you so much for the countdown to Christmas. My companion absolutely loved it! And for the little extra money you gave me for her. She didn't have much to open on Christmas and it was wonderful to see her face as she opened the gift that she didn't know she would have! =)



 
Carlie was able to do a little bit of site seeing on P-Day.  They went to Cantona and saw the ruins
 






No comments:

Post a Comment