Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Happy Fathers Day!!!

We have a new investigator, her name is Myra. She is very open but also very skeptical. We had a great lesson with her about prophets and when we showed her a picture of Thomas S Monson and told her that he was the prophet of God on the earth, she looked at him and then at us and asked, "Why him? What's so special about him that makes him a prophet? Out of all the men in the world, why him?" We weren't quite sure how to respond so we did our best to let the Spirit respond for us by bearing our testimonies. We testified that God has always had prophets and that he continues to use them. That although we may not know why God choose Thomas S Monson to be his prophet, we have prayed to know if he was called of God. We testified that God had responded to us and that we both knew without a doubt that Pres. Monson was a prophet of God. 
We invited her to pray and to listen to the Spirit. We also helped her recognize the feelings and the way that the Holy Ghost communicates to her. Although she wasn't home at our next appointment, she made the effort to go to the English classes we are now having and even forced her husband to come to church with her. During the classes, she took notes and asked questions. 
We're hoping to see some great progress from her and also that she can be someone that the Lord has prepared for the Gospel.

Also, we visited an elderly woman who let us in with a very serious look on her face. When we sat down, we tried to take a minute to get to know her, however she wouldn't let us. She interrupted and said, "I have to tell you something. Here, there have passed through a lot of religions. The Hermanos (Jehova's Witnesses), the Mormones, and now you two, the Masons." I stared at her a minutes and then began to laugh. We explained that we weren't Masons, we were Mormons and that "Mazon" was simply my companion's last name. Not her religion. 
We felt in the beginning of the lesson that she wanted to contend but as we did as directed by the Spirit and simply listened and listened and listened and answered a couple of questions, she began to open up and we ended up leaving the house more as friends than another religion that has passed by her door.


A crazy thing happened to me this week. On Friday night I had a dream with one of my favorite couples here in this ward, they're called Hernan and Abish. They are one of my model couples of what I want for my future marriage. Anyway, they were in my dream and a little bit late the spirit of a man who died appears in my dream and just stands there. Immediately after this, I was suddenly in a street here in my area and cars are passing by. The man I had seen before walks towards me on the sidewalk and then passes me. I turned to watch him walk by and saw a car drive by and stop next to me as if the driver was waiting to turn. In the passenger seat was another person who has left this world and he looked at me and said, "Tell Hernan and Abish to do their family history because they're not doing it and there are many of us who are waiting." I then turned around and saw hundreds of people who had left this world. 
When I woke up, I wasn't sure if this was a message that actually needed to be delivered or if I was just going crazy. I mentioned it to my companion and she suggested that I tell them see as how we were going to eat with them the next day.
So the next day, when we shared a message. I told them about my dream, being incredibly nervous seeing as how I didn't know if this was something that I was supposed to do. however, when I told them, Hna Abish said that she had goosebumps and Hno Hernan began to cry a little. They began to talk about how they had been needing to work on their genealogy. 
Crazy no?

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you all have a great Father's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment